Monday, June 13, 2011

Sending you off with a bang. Ha, see what I did there?


Dearest Floggers and Boggers alike,  today I dedicate this entry to one Kate Elizabeth Walker.

I often wondered since my return if I'd ever get the chance to bog and flog again. It's almost bittersweet to think that my travel buddy is embarking on a whole new world adventure without me, just over a year after we set off together.  The lead up to the big day seemed to be here before we knew it – surreal, exciting, scary, amazing. The prospect of taking the world by storm was daunting, but I think, looking back, we most definitely did ourselves and our trip justice.

And so it is, with a heavy heart that I sit here typing alone, un-interrupted by the occasional fart and self satisfied giggle that used to follow.
It is with the most genuine sincerity that I can say, that during the four and a half months spent on our adventure, I was driven by happiness and the small appreciation to be living life freely, pursuing the enjoyment of each day as it came and nothing more, with you there to share in it all. Another experience like that will never come along; I truly believe that our particular journey, at that point in life was unique, and will always stand out among others. There was not one day that went by without a smile, a laugh, a priceless moment shared between two people.  Any ordinary day that contains one of these small simplicities is rendered extraordinary. I only hope that any future pursuits are driven by the same simplicities, and are equally rewarding for you, my stinky little friend.

At the very least I know she'll be able to look after herself – who needs pepper spray when your natural defence mechanism rivals the gas chambers of the holocaust. So, in the hope that we are re-united over food and flatulence one day very soon – I'll miss you,  love you and as sad as it is to see you go, I know you'll keep f**king shit up.

Love,
The less stinky ½ of Team Canberra x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment